Online Information Collected and Why
When you access Hindmarsh.com.au, or an associated site (Site), including when you use services offered by the Site (e.g. subscribing to Hindmarsh’s MyProperty service) we may ask for:
- your name;
- your email address; and
- in certain circumstances, your telephone number or address. On the Site we invite you to:
- view properties available in our residential and retirement projects;
- set up access to the MyProperty Site;
- submit your resume to us for consideration of job vacancies.
We collect this information in order to facilitate your access to the Site and the functionality provided by the Site. If you do not provide us with this information, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or part of the Site or functionality offered through the Site. If you submit your resume to us, we will keep it in a database for consideration of jobs that arise within Hindmarsh.
We update the information we hold about you (e.g. your Resume) when you provide, or we receive, new information about you.
Other Online Information Collected
We may also collect the following information during your visit to the Site:
- the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our Site, or alternatively, your IP address;
- the date and time you accessed each page on our Site;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our Site (the referrer);
- cookies which track your visits to the Site;
- the web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information so that we can tell which pages are the most popular. We use this information to improve our Site. If this information is linked with personal information we hold about you, as set out above, this information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
How your Online Information is Stored and Kept Secure
Information held about you (e.g. your access to the MyProperty site) is held in a database. The database is protected by a firewall as well as host-based security. [Your personal data may be transmitted over the Internet once it has been stored in the database and may also be transferred across borders to foreign countries, where doing so is part of Hindmarsh’s business practices relating to the storage of data and where permitted by law]. If Hindmarsh ever has a requirement to transmit the data over the Internet (e.g. to make an off-site back up) it will be in encrypted form. If you provide us with additional information to verify your identity, we will destroy the copies of the documents you provide to us after we have successfully verified your identity.
External Links on Hindmarsh Websites
Disclosing your Online Information
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private. We will disclose personal information we have about you only in certain specific circumstances, when:
- you agree to the disclosure;
- we use it for the purposes we collected it; or
- disclosure is required or authorised by law. We may also disclose information about you to:
- third parties who provide services to Hindmarsh from time to time; and
- law enforcement and government agencies as required from time to time.
You will only receive emails from Hindmarsh if:
- You subscribe to our MyProperty service;
- You request information about our services when you choose to contact us. You will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mail in the matter that you have contacted us about;
- You provide your details and request that we contact you when you send us your resume; or
- They are otherwise relevant to the reasons for which we hold your email address, where we are permitted to do so by law.
Cookies and What They Are Used For
A cookie is a text file placed into the memory of your computer by our computers. A copy of this text file is sent by your computer whenever it communicates with Hindmarsh.com.au.
We may provide the information we gather from cookies to third parties for these purposes and for other purposes connected with Hindmarsh.com.au.
If cookie information is linked with personal information, we hold about you as set out above, this cookie information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.